Can I buy a realestate in Slovenia? 

1. You have to register a legal entity in Slovenia if you are not an EU citizen, or citizen of OECD member country.

2. You have to register a legal entity in Slovenia, although being an EU citizen, if you wish do business in that real estate.

How I begin a searching a some realestate in Slovenia? 

You can e-mail us with your criterias: area, budget, purpose, surface and the age. We will begin  with searching for  appropriate realestate for you and inform you about  matched realestates. 

Will you consult us about touristic favorable places in Slovenia? 

We will consult you about touristic places, like ski resorts, adriatic sea resorts, thermal resorts, old historic towns and agricultural touristic areas of Slovenia, worth to invest.

What is important by legal side for purchase a realestate? 

The legal point of view, it is important to check the entries in the land registry or construction permits etc. The role of realestate agent is to check every legal and other facts about object and inform the client for protecting his interests. 

What about a price of your services? 

We will sign a contract for cooperation between us before starting to search a wished property. For buyers cost, usually, is 2% + 22% VAT from the agreed sum of purcahse.  

When I pay the cost of realestate agency services? 

The realestate agency fee you pay after business completed: when the  sale agreement certify  at the notary.

Are there any scenarios where the right to a real estate diverges from the right to a building constructed thereon?

There are two options: the building right (stavbna pravica) – the right to own a building above or under somebody else's land (can be established for  99 years maximum); and condominium (etažna lastnina) – the combination of sole ownership of one part of the building (apartment) and co-ownership of shared parts of the building (including the land below it).

Is all land in your jurisdiction required to be registred? What land (or rights) are unregistred?

  • All land in Slovenia is required to be registred.
  • Rights that are not listed as rights in rem in the Law of Property Code are not required to be registred- i.e. contractual rights that can only be enforced inter partes (for example , a lease).

On a Land sale, when is title (or ownership) transferred to a buyer?

The ownership of a real estate can only be transferred by registration in the land registry. The buyer therefore obtains th title when he is registred as the owner.

Please, describe how some rights obtain priority over the rights.  Do earlier rights defeat later rights?

The prior tempore, potior iure rule applies for rights of the same kind this is especially relevant for mortgages – in the case of execution, the debts secured by the mortgages will be repaid in the same order the liens were registred in the land regitry. Once a procedure of registration in the land registry is initiated it is published in the land registry with a special entry. 

What documents need to be provided to the land registry for the registration of ownership right?

A sales contract is first signed by the parties (written form is mandatory), then the signature of the Seller on the grant deed for transfer of the title over the land to the Buyer (clausula intabulandi) must be notarised. With these documents, the buyer has two options to register the transfer of ownership right:

1. if the Buyer is not represented by an attorney, it can be submit the request for registration to the court in physical form; even in this case, the court clerk then converts the request to electronic form; or

2. the request can be submitted via an our attorney (real estate agency), which organized the transaction, or a notary public (most commonly)- both of these require the request to be submitted in electronic form.

The documents that need to be provided to the land registry are:

The contract including the obligation of the Seller to transfer its ownership right to the Buyer;  the grant deed to transfer the title over the land to the Buyer with notarised signature (the deed is usually is part of of the contract); a certificate of intended use of the land (issued by municipality); and a tax payment confirmation.